Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Postcards...

I did some research on postcard prices and different venders to use. Below I have listed the prices from the two places I have been referred to, overnightprints.com and modern postcards. Here are the pricing options:

MODERN POSTCARD -
1000ct.
Full color front and back
Pick up - 5 Business day turnaround = $215

1000ct.
Full color front and back
UPS next day - 5 Business day turnaround = $238

1000ct.
Full color front/ B&W back
Pick up - 5 Business day turnaround = $179

1000ct.
Full color front/ B&W back
UPS next day - 5 business day turnaround = $202

Overnightprints.com -
1000ct.
Full color front/ not sure about the back
Free shipping
24hr. turnaround time
Delivered within 5 days = $114.95

There are a few more options with overnightprints - we can add rounded corners for $2 extra per 100ct. And we can have either glossy or satin matte finish for the front. Chris Lavoie used this company for the Figment of Speech postcards just to give you an idea.

Let me know what you all think is the best option.
Thanks!

2 comments:

Nia said...

did we vote on a design yet? i wasnt at the meeting after drukery's class on tuesday.

Asikram said...

Looks to me like Chris Lavoie's company is cheaper and I seem to recall that the quality was not a problem. Also, I'm not sure what the options for "pick up" from Modern Postcard mean, since they're located in California??? So the prices need to include shipping I think.