Friday, March 16, 2007

Mounting

For those of you who are interested in mounting flush for the show I have been in touch with a guy from Severn over the last couple days about prices and timing. Below is the information I received from him so far regarding Centra and Aluminum. If you know of any other material you would like to use, let me know and I can ask the next time I'm talking to him. Or, I guess, you can just call yourself...
Both quotes below are for a 20"x 30" print

Centra: $36 for a 1/8" thick board; $56 for a 1/4" thick board
To get your prints done in time for the show, he recommends giving them at least 3 - 5 days to get them done.

Aluminum: pricing not yet available. he has to send for the prices, as soon as he has them he will call me with the info.
He recommends giving them at least 2 weeks to get the prints done before the show.

He had some other recommendations regarding cropping and prints. For Aluminum and even Centra he recommends bringing in multiple prints in case anything goes wrong, especially for the aluminum since it seems to be a difficult process. You should also leave yourself some bleed around the edge of your prints so that when they are cutting everything they don't cut into the image.
I also think that if enough of us are going to be mounting with Severn I may be able to get us a price cut or something and I'm going to ask that if they do mess up our prints while attempting to mount that the price should then be reduced.
I'll keep you all updated once I hear back from him.

No comments: