Sunday, February 11, 2007

Yay for BLOG and YAY for SNOW

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Hello friends :) Thanks Megan for getting us started with the blog! I just uploaded some photos from last weekend...you can see my beautiful new snowboard and my leg as we rode up the lift at SkiLiberty last Sunday. This weekend was not as eventful, especially this afternoon....I took an idea courtesy of Penny and wrote a letter to my neighbors explaining the mailbox scheme (which you guys already know, so I won't repeat) and invited them to meet me at the mailbox today (Sunday) for coffee and to discuss Columbia. I gave the letters to the postal carrier and he put one in each box in the koisk (11 family's boxes). Out of those families, I think I personally know 3... I thought I would have some kind of turn out. Unfortunately, between the hours of noon and 2pm (the hours I told them that I would be at the mailbox waiting to chat), no one from my street showed up. I had 2 friends there as my "film crew", but other than that no one stopped by. A few people drove by very slowly and gave weird looks. Some of my neighbors even came out of their houses and were doing things in the yard or to their cars in the driveway, clearly saw me standing there and didn't approach me. This makes for an interesting story. Anyways, I'll have more on that for the next crit. Just wanted to share that with you guys. Hope everyone had a fun, productive weekend. Until Tuesday, unless we get snowed in!! ....

No comments: